A half beef will feed a family of four for about 9-12 months. It will fit in a freezer that is at minimum 5 cubic feet.
We now offer USDA Certified Organic grass fed beef as an option! Note: Some substitutions are not available for USDA certified organic grass finished beef. These include Patties, Pepperoni and Brats. Expedited Shipping is also not available.
Shipping: This box will be shipped directly to your door, packed in a lined box with 100% recycled, 1″ insulator and dry ice to assure it is frozen upon delivery. Free shipping on bulk orders in Oregon, Washington and Idaho. $89 shipping to other states in the US where available.* Now save 5% on your order by selecting Local Pickup, located in Albany Oregon, at checkout!
Vacuum seal: Steaks are individually wrapped. Ground beef is wrapped in 1 lb packs. Vacuum seal lasts 2-3 years in the freezer.
Weight: Weight is minimum 170 lbs and includes bones for soup and broth**. These are the cuts included in a 1/2 beef (exact number of cuts can vary).
- Rib steak (Bone in Ribeye): 7 lbs
- Short ribs/Flanken: 8 lbs
- Brisket: 8-10 lbs
- Tenderloin: 2 lbs
- Other steaks (Skirt, Top sirloin, Hanger, Flank, Chuck eye, Flat iron, Denver, Carne asada): 13 lbs
- Stew meat: 8 lbs
- Meaty neck bones/Shank: 6lbs
- Beef bones: 12 lbs
- Tri tip: 1
- Beef Roasts (Chuck, Pot roast London Broil): 3-4 roasts, 3-4 lbs each
- Club steak (Bone in NY): 6 lbs
- Ground beef: 75-80 lbs
- Too Much Ground Beef ?? : OPTIONAL – A portion of your ground beef can be substituted for brats, pepperoni, steaks, patties, all beef brats or all beef breakfast links!
* PLEASE NOTE: An order of a 1/2 beef will typically be shipped 10-12 weeks after order date, or 6 weeks if Expedited Shipping is selected. If ordering smaller boxes or individual items please order separately as they are on a shorter timeframe!
** This is an approximation. Variations in cuts may occur due to final weight of beef.