Beef Marrow Bones organic are split the standard grass finished and grain finished are french cut.
Grass fed and finished
1-1.5 lbs average
Beef Marrow Bones are great for humans as well as dogs! The marrow is the fatty tissue in the center of the bones. It has been enjoyed by different cultures throughout the ages, but with the popularity of more ancestral inspired diets in recent years, it seems to be making a big comeback (along with things like bone broth).
Bone marrow is comprised mostly of fat, offering a small amount of protein. Per 100 grams of marrow you are getting around 7 grams of protein and 80 grams of fat. Clearly this fits nicely into a ketogenic protocol!
The buttery marrow has been shown to be more rich in vitamins and minerals than even muscle meat. It is rich in vitamin B12 which our bodies require in order to create DNA and to build amino acids and proteins—it’s essential to every part of our metabolism. B12 is one of those essential nutrients that our bodies cannot manufacture, so bone marrow is a great source for this!
In addition, studies have shown that the stem cells in bone marrow can help your own body produce both red blood cells and white blood cells. Bone marrow is an excellent source of collagen (supports healthy joints, skin and gut lining). AND, it is rich in conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), which has been shown to decrease inflammation and boost your immune system.
Easy way to prepare bone marrow bones:
1. Preheat your oven to 425°
2. Line a baking sheet with foil, then place the marrow bones face side-up on top
3. Sprinkle marrow bones with salt
4. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes
5. Once the marrow is done roasting, transfer it to a serving platter and sprinkle roasted garlic and/or and lemon zest
6. Use a small butter knife or spreader knife to scoop out the marrow. You can eat it on it’s own, spread it on bread or something keto/carnivore friendly. There are tons of great recipes online for fancier ways to enjoy bone marrow!